Change log 130226 -> 130320
These are the changes between version 1.03 (130226) and 1.04 (130320).
- Client can now be told to save files in My Documents using -windows command line parameter.
- Chat console and other text fields should no longer play more than one click sound at a time and hopefully it fixes the problem some players have had with the game freezing while typing.
- Henchmen no longer run around before the player has spoken to them and knows their name. They also start closer to the merchant.
- Merchant levels are now much more rare than before.
- Signs should no longer be placed on tiles that contain items or vice versa.
- New dungeon generation algorithm has been added that creates "natural" mazes.
- New dungeon generation algorithm has been added that creates "perfect" mazes.
- New dungeon generation algorithm has been added that creates long winding open caverns.
- New dungeon generation algorithm has been added that randomizes handmade dungeon levels.
- 10 handmade levels have been added (these contain much more creatures, traps and loot than randomly generated dungeons).
- Ctrl-key should now be handled correctly which hopefully reduces the number of flying keyboards a bit.
- One new monster has been added including new graphics, sound effects and AI behavior.
- Server now has a new command line parameter -killem that enables Kill 'em all mode and automatically kills player characters that are caught cheating.
- Server now has a new admin command /killem that can be used to toggle Kill 'em all mode while the server is running.
- Server now shows a label indicating that it failed to listen to the port (if it fails) and a button that will close the application.
- Launcher can now be told to save files in My Documents using -windows command line parameter. This should make it possible to run the launcher without administrator privileges when it is installed under program files (except when a new update is installed).
- Players with offline characters using launcher version 1.00.130206 (or a newer version without -windows command line parameter) and who wish to update the launcher should copy the .../Rogue's Tale/users directory somewhere before uninstalling the installed version. This is because the uninstaller will delete the save games along with the rest of the files.
- If you have no idea what the two entries above mean, don't do anything and everything will work just like before (the launcher update is not needed to receive the latest client updates and the old version will work just fine).