Change log 130216 -> 130226
These are the changes between version 1.02 (130216) and 1.03 (130226).
- Demonic now has all letters enabled at startup instead of requiring the player to select either Common or Orcish and then Demonic.
- Registering the game now clears heritages (with the exception of The Interface Dog) and challenges (with the exception of True Devotion if it has been unlocked) and kills the player character resulting in a proper fresh start.
- Client now automatically downloads new server list at program startup if it has access to the internet.
- Client now has a new command line parameter -uselocal that forces it to use whatever list it already has (this can be used with LAN setups where your own server runs on some other computer and you manually edit the server list).
- King now always has his amulet worn and one of the threats he makes in the final wave actually works.
- Player should no longer have to worry about being stuck behind a gate and starving to death. There will be plenty of orcs to lend a helping hand instead.
- Login screen now swaps "Account Name" and "Create new account" labels to "Profile Name" and "Create new profile" when Offline is selected.
- New installations now default to "Offline" instead of "Epixx.org".
- Blank password can now be used to create an offline profile.
- Player data is now saved when the player uses one of the following services: Repair, Identify, Enchant.
- There is now a Scrupulous Usage and Crash Kill Exploit Reroll tax (or SUCKER tax) for killing the client using task manager, crashing the client in some other way (even when it's caused by a bug) and or disconnecting without a proper logout (even when it's caused by a server crash or shutdown). The tax affects only online play and either removes 10% of the player's gold coins if he has 200 or more in his backpack, causes one point of damage to one of his equipped items or breaks one random item.
- A bug that affected both client and server has been fixed that sometimes made the client send data to the server at the wrong time thus resulting to the server sending data to the client at the wrong time. It is possible that this bug was the cause of most of the strange issues such as the client skipping player input upon player death, (enemy) creature having endless turns, rollbacks while the client is running and possibly even vanishing and duplicating items due to rollbacks.
- Client now has a new chat command /resetscores that can be used to reset your personal highscores.
- Victory screen now has finished background images for both male and female rogues.
- Four different ways to to duplicate an item by equipping it have been fixed (all of them had the same root cause that the backpack didn't have enough free space to fit the unequipped item).
- Knights accompanying the King and Prince Altren are now naturally fast.
- Server now has a new admin command /sucker that can be used to enable or disable SUCKER tax (just in case it becomes a problem).
- Launcher has not been changed.