Change log 130127 -> 130201
The following change log combined with this one contains all
changes between version 1.01 and 1.02.
Change log 130120 -> 130127
- Cave bear no longer has killing blow and therefore only infernals and knights can chop your head off.
- Fire, frost and shock resistant heritages now require 15 instead of 16. Poison and disease heritages are still at 10 because I don't like the number 9.
- Friends can no longer be ordered while silenced.
- Dark Passenger challenge is no longer doable at level 10.
- Anti-cheat methods now delete the player character instead of the player's account when character data has a memory error for whatever reason. Heritage and challenge data errors still lead to account deletion. The client will close without any notification in both cases.
- Rule of Three is now checked in both character creation and after every game turn. This means that any character created before the implementation of the rule will be automagically deleted if it has wrong ability values.
- Sound playing now has additional checks to reduce the number of clips being played at the same time. This should reduce the "lag" quite a bit as the sound player no longer tries to play dozens of clips when you hold down a button.
- Dungeon generation has changed so that the maximum size of a dungeon is half of what it was but bigger rooms appear slightly more often than before. This is both to increase the graphics performance on low end machines as well as to reduce the amount of data being sent to the server.
- The Bubble Boy challenge can now be done with a blessed amulet of abjuration.
- Ring of Familiar is now much cheaper than before but blessed ring of familiar is slightly more expensive.
- Killing illusions no longer gives experience.
- Illusions now have primary or secondary equipment depending on the parent's selection and they no longer get duplicate rings or amulets.
- Illusions can no longer rest while they have a target because that caused them to not follow move orders while they were gaining health. Other creatures still rest even when ordered to move.
- Illusions can no longer cast heal or buff spells because that caused them to stand around and try to get maximum health and buffs when created from a player wizard.
- Illusions can no longer gain experience because they will end in a null pointer if they gain a level.
- Whenever the player enters a new level his friends are removed and added as new friends and all friends' friends and enemies are removed to make sure the transition leaves no traces behind.
- Blessed ring of familiar now has a chance of breaking when you unequip it while the blueish familiar is injured, badly hurt or almost dead. The chance is 1/6, 1/3 and 1/2 respectively. There it is, now you have a reason to spend a turn with the look button!
- Your equipped ring of familiar is now destroyed if you become enemies with the familiar it has created.
- Amulet of Illusion now has 90 turn cooldown instead of 180 and its base cost is now 150 instead of 250.
- Wand of Excavation can no longer make holes in the unbreakable walls that are supposed to protect the player from falling into the void.
- Magic traps should no longer trigger visual effects when levitating above them. It helps when the brackets cover all of the possible effects instead of only one.
- Feel the Power challenge now explains that it cannot be completed while in town.
- Ring of familiar and amulet of necromancy can no longer be equipped or unequipped while in town nor can they be sold or discarded while they are equipped at the time of entering town.
- Amulet of Necromancy now brings unique characters back as ghosts. Blessed Amulet of Necromancy now projects an aura that heals all undeads it controls for D2 points each turn.
- Female characters can now cheat and their idea of the Rule of Three is a bit different than it is for male characters.
- Resurrected humans should no longer have their enemies and friends they had before they died and they now have the caster's friends and enemies instead. They also discard their bandanas as they have received a second chance to die honorably.
- Blessed potions now fill up to a minimum potency of 3.
- Player controlled illusions are now enemies of everyone except their friends, dogs and humans without bandana.
- Mirror images and other illusions can no longer create arrows from nothing, loot items or crash the game after their arrows run out.
- Monsters now have their own allegiances and they fight between each other.
- It is no longer possible for a spell or talent to change after it has been selected with the mouse to be cast or used.
- Satyr'Dae now has Steady Shot in addition to Aimed Shot so about half of the shots will be weaker than before. He no longer has or drops Blessed Ring of Accuracy either. Can you spell N-E-R-F...
- The following issues are working as intended:
- Ring of Familiar doesn't break immediately when its familiar dies and the player has received a free turn from a haste effect. This allows the player to use the free turn to remove the ring before it is destroyed.
- Using Amulet of Illusion to create a clone of a creature is considered as a hostile action against that creature.
- Wearing 2 Blessed Rings of Sustenance makes you hungry & thirsty. It's a penalty for trying something as silly as that.
- Server now handles the new anti-cheat behaviours in the same way as the client.
- Server now has one less bug that can crash it due to bad timing.